POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's Word again : Re: Yet more problems Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet more problems
From: Phil Cook
Date: 22 Nov 2007 11:37:03
Message: <op.t17cf5q8c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 22 Nov 2007 16:21:04 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

>>> OK. I'll do that then...
>>  Remember you can't rename or delete a template currently in use in
>> Word, so you can just find and rename Normal.dot to Andrew.dot when
>> Word is not running. Sorry I'm so used to talking to people who only
>> know how to work in Word ask them to go to Explorer and they panic :-)
>
> I just tried this. All my custom styles vanished, but I still *cannot*
> convince Word to format this damn report correctly! >_<
>
> (Also, somehow turning on numbered lists activates the custom list style
> that should have been deleted...)
>
> Damnit, as if writing the actual report wasn't already vastly too
> complex...

Okay trying to remember if this is the same in Word03, but try
Tools|Templates and Add-ins. The Document Template should be Normal and
untick any Add-ins. Then You should have an Organizer... button. This
should show what styles are available in the Normal template you should
have (on the right), delete any that look like bullets.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com